We value your privacy very highly. We seek to protect all the information you give to us. With that in mind, we comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation of the EU in force from May 2018.
This Privacy Statement is to set out our aims in that respect and the rights that you have in relation to your contact with us and any personal information you give to us.
The Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival Web Site (budlitfest.org.uk) is owned by Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival (called the “Festival” in this Statement) who decide on its content. It is operated and maintained by Oliver Stone, t/a Creative Engine Room of 103 Grace Road West, Exeter, Devon EX2 8PU. Creative Engine Room has its own Privacy Statement at creativeengineroom.com/privacy-policy.
The information we collect
We may collect and process the following data and personal information about you:
- Personal information that you provide to us. This includes information provided at the time booking tickets for Festival events (online, at the Box Office, by telephone and by email to the Box Office) but processed through TicketSource (www.ticketsource.co.uk), subscribing to our general mailing list, subscribing to be a Friend of the Festival and to the Friend’s mailing list (post and email).
- Emails sent to our general mailing list and the Friends are operated by Oliver Stone, t/a Creative Engine Room of 103 Grace Road West, Exeter, Devon EX2 8PU using MailChimp, which is a company based in the USA. MailChimp operates an adequate level of protection for that personal data and its operation for us is consistent with the General Data Protection Regulation of the EU.
- If you report a problem with our website, we may ask you for information about that problem and keep a record of it.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of any correspondence arises.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond.
- Information about your visits to our website and the resources that you access.
How we use this information
We will use personal information that you give us lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner and only for proper, necessary and legitimate purposes in connection with the Festival.
We do not share your personal information with any other organisations for their own marketing.
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about services which you have requested and information which we feel may be of interest to you about the Festival and its events.
Accuracy, inaccuracy, erasure and unsubscribing
Every email we send to those on the general mailing list and on the Friends mailing list contains a link to enable you to unsubscribe or to change your details.
We will use our best endeavours to see that the personal information we collect will be accurate and kept up to date. Where we know it to be inaccurate, we will correct it (if we have the correct information). You can tell us of any inaccuracy (and give us the correct information) in relation to your personal data by completing the contact form at budlitfest.org.uk/contact and we will ensure that it is corrected. You can also request, by use of the same form, that personal information we hold be erased. In each case, we will take action without unreasonable delay.
You are entitled to ask us to provide you with a copy of any personal information we hold by requesting it by use of the contact form referred to above with sufficient detail that we can understand who you are and what you are requesting. On receipt of that request, we will, unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, respond within one month giving you the personal information you have requested.
Period of storage of personal information
We will store personal information for the following periods:
- General mailing list: until you unsubscribe from the list or advise us that you wish your personal information to be erased or the email address that you gave to us no longer works. This is to maintain our contact with you to give you information about the Festival.
- Friends Mailing List: personal information will be deleted once a year after there has been a request sent out by us for membership of the Friends for the following year.
- Personal information in relation to ticket purchases will be retained year on year by TicketSource to assist you in purchasing future tickets, unless you have requested erasure of the personal data.
Security of personal information
We store personal data with appropriate security to protect it as best we can from unauthorised or unlawful processing or loss, destruction or damage.
Third Party Cookies
The Festival uses third parties to either provide additional functionality on its website (such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and may track users anonymously (such as Google Analytics) to report back to the Festival Committee information needed to allow us to continue to provide the website and events programme. Some of these services will set cookies in the process, but many use these cookies for their own purposes. The Festival does not have direct control over third party websites or cookies.
Changes to this privacy statement
If you have any questions about this Statement, please contact us by using the form at budlitfest.org.uk/contact