Festival Sponsorship Opportunities
Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival has an audience of 5,000+ people. will help you reach your objectives. has a devoted & growing audience. features the very best writers & performers from across the globe. is so much MORE than a series of world class literary events.
Situated in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on East Devon’s Jurassic Coast, Budleigh Salterton hosts South West England’s most outstanding literary festival. Our mission is to celebrate great writing with as wide an audience as possible.
The Festival has grown year upon year, consistently attracting leading contemporary fiction authors, poets, travel writers, sports journalists, scientists, food writers, historians, economists and current affairs commentators.
Just look at our past record – where else could you see Hilary Mantel, Melvyn Bragg, Paddy Ashdown, Penelope Lively, Carol Ann Duffy, Kate Adie, PD James, David Lloyd, David Hare, Ben Okri, Joan Bakewell, Peter Snow, Michael Morpurgo, Susan Hill, John Lanchester, James Lovelock and Kate Atkinson, all in the same town?
The success of the festival is reinforced by the continued support of its Honorary President, double Man Booker Prize winner Dame Hilary Mantel DBE.
As a registered charity, the Festival also has a commitment to support the work of new and emerging writers. We aim to foster and develop a love of words, stories, reading and writing. We also hope to inspire people of all backgrounds and ages to expand their horizons and explore new ideas.
The Festival in Numbers
Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival has an audience of 5,000+ people.
- Which includes a large percentage of ABC1s with a high level of disposable income and who typically:
- Enjoy travelling abroad regularly
- Appreciate fine wine, spirits and food
- Take advice on financial affairs and purchase financial products
- Covering 72% of Devon postcode areas and 36% nationally
- 40% travel for more than an hour
- Who spend an average of over £80 on Literary Festival tickets
- 5,300 Festival tickets sold
- Festival venues house up to 430 people with many ‘sold out’ events
- With 92% of audience members surveyed rating the Festival as excellent or good and 97% planning to attend again
- Positive association: 94% rated the Festival experience enjoyable or very enjoyable
- High rate of brand recognition: over 90% recall rate for top sponsors
With over 20-30 events packed into 5 days, the Festival reaches thousands of visitors providing an opportunity to communicate brand messages to an engaged and receptive audience, and a wider consumer base through our databases and media partnerships.
Get In Touch
For more information on supporting Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival, please get in touch.
We are always keen to explore other creative ways for organisations to be involved with the Festival.
Do not hesitate to give me a call to discuss your ideas.
Tel: 01395 443043
Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival is a registered charity (1127885) and a company limited by guarantee (6758203).