HOW TO BOOK
Subject to the Booking Conditions below, tickets can be purchased in the following ways:
- Online ticket bookings (print at home or to be posted or by mobile text message) via this website.
- ONLINE BOOKING is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Tickets will be on sale at the Festival Marquee during the Festival in September.
- At the Box Office:
- In person
- By telephone on 01395 445 275 Please note: we take a great many phone calls and have limited resources to cope with demand, so please buy tickets in person or book online.
- By post
- Box Office bookings can be paid for by credit/debit card, cash, or cheque made payable to Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival.
The Box Office is at the Information Centre, Fore Street, Budleigh Salterton, East Devon, EX9 6NG (www.visitbudleigh.com) which is open 10am – 4pm Monday to Saturday from May to September, and 10am - 1pm the rest of the year. (Closed Sunday)
The Festival welcomes visitors with disabilities. Tickets specifying you are registered disabled or a wheelchair user can be purchased online. Please advise the Box Office if this is the case when booking by telephone or in person.
Please also advise the Box Office if you have additional mobility, sight or hearing issues you feel the Festival team should know about. Tickets are at the standard price for visitors who are registered disabled and/or in a wheelchair.
Personal assistants: Visitors who are registered disabled and/or in a wheelchair who need to bring a personal assistant are offered one complimentary ticket for the personal assistant. A ticket admitting both the registered disabled/wheelchair visitor (at the full price) and a personal assistant (free of charge) can be purchased either at the Box Office or online. Please note that entitlement for this concessionary ticket price may be requested at the door of the event.
Event start times are punctual. Please note that the doors will open 30 minutes before each event.
Festival Programmes will be available at the Box Office and various other locations. They cannot be posted to you by the Box Office, but the Programme is available on the Festival website in PDF format for downloading.
All tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. We cannot refund any money paid, except in the case of a cancelled event (see below).
Ticket prices are inclusive of VAT at 20%.
There is a booking fee of £1.00 per ticket (both at the Box Office and online). This is a contribution towards the considerable cost of running our ticketing operation.
Your tickets can be posted to you for an extra charge of £1.75 (per transaction).
Printing tickets at home is free of charge. Posted tickets incur a charge of £1.75 per transaction. (This posting option is available only up to 96 hours prior to an event). Mobile phone email tickets are charged at £0.50.
Cancellation of an event
The Festival reserves the right at any time to change the venue of an event and/or speakers/chairmen from those described in the programme and to cancel an event due to circumstances outside of its control (including, but not limited to, the speakers and/or the venue being unavailable). The Festival shall have no liability for losses or costs which you may incur due to such cancellation, but there will be a refund as set out below:
- For tickets purchased from the Box Office: The Box Office and/or the Festival will arrange a refund of the ticket price but postage costs and booking fees are not refundable, or
- For online tickets: Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival will arrange for a refund through their ticketing agents, TicketSource, but there will be a £1.00 handling fee per refund. Postage costs, mobile phone ticket charges and booking fees are not refundable.
The Box Office is unable to accept returned tickets for a refund, re-sale or exchange.