A special artwork to celebrate our 10th anniversary
Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2018.
We are marking our very special 10th year with a commission to record the Festival’s striking coastal location and our contribution to, and observance of, the importance of creativity and imagination.
The winning artwork will have a permanent home in a public space in Budleigh Salterton, and will also inspire a piece of writing by a leading South West writer.
Terms & Conditions
- Only one entry per person. Entrants must be aged 16 to 25 on 15th February 2018.
- The artwork must be a piece of fine art (i.e. painting, drawing, mosaic or collage). We cannot accept photography or digitally-produced work, though these mediums can be used within the final piece: ie. within a mosaic or collage. Maximum size of artwork: A0. Minimum size: A2.
- Entries must directly or indirectly reflect the theme of the Competition: ‘Unpathed waters, undreamed shores’
- The submission deadline is 6pm on 15th February 2018 and must be made by email to email@example.com with a high quality jpg image of the piece. Your name, address, age and place of study or the date you graduated must be within the email. Please also tell us the medium of your work. Your jpg must be titled with your name and age. All entries must comply with entry requirements, and entries not submitted correctly will not be considered.
- The Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The competition is not open to members of the Budleigh Literary Festival Committee, employees or suppliers, or their families.
- All entries must be original and must not have been exhibited or have won competitions elsewhere.
- Entries will not be accepted after the closing date. Owing to the volume of entries, we cannot confirm your entry has been received. The winner will be notified early March 2018. If you do not hear from us we regret your entry has not been successful. The winning piece must be finished and ready to be submitted to the Festival by April 2018.
- By entering and supplying your email address you are allowing us to notify you about the Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival. Your information will not be shared with any third parties.
- Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival is a Registered Charity in England: No.1127885